Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Review: Summer of the Woods by Steven K. Smith

Summer of the Woods



I became acquainted with Steven Smith- through twitter. He's a dad of three boys and an author! After reading the teaser introducing his first book,
 I thought," this might be a book my boys would love! I've got to get my hands on it!"
 
"When ten-year-old Derek and eight year old Sam moved with their family to Virginia, they have no idea what adventures the summer will bring. As the brothers explore their creaky old house and the deep surrounding woods, they uncover the mystery of a valuable coin collection stolen from the local museum sixty years earlier. Join the boys as they spend their  summer running from danger and searching the woods, secret caves, rushing waters, and hidden passageways for treasure and the rare 1877 Indian Head cent coin!"
 
 I contacted Steven and asked to review his book, Summer of the Woods.
He graciously sent copies for my son's book club!

To see ideas you can use for a book club- based on this book. Visit my book club outline pages. or click HERE.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment